How does it work?
To understand how you can best leverage the Ad Grant, you must understand how Google Ads works.
Google Ads (formerly Google Adwords) is paid advertising on Google’s network, wherein you pay Google for clicks from people who are specifically looking for your products or services.
Also, note that there is no menu pricing for these clicks. The pricing of these keywords is based on a bidding system. Hence, the more competition there is in your industry, likely the more you will be paying per click. For example, an insurance company might pay up to $200 per click, whereas a local personal trainer might pay $2 per click.
However, with the Google Ad Grant, you DON’T pay Google for these clicks, and your monthly Ad spend can be up to $10,000.
What can your organisation use the Ad Grant for?
Here are just a few ideas:
- Reach people who are actively searching for help with issues that your NFP is involved in. For example, “anti-bullying” or “cyberbullying”.
- Increase Donations & fundraising.
- Provide support to people who are looking for help that your charity can provide.
How do you measure results?
As with any kind of digital marketing, it is a must that you measure your results from Google Ads.
When you work with A.P. Web Solutions to set up and manage your Google Ad grants, we measure your results with the use of Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager.
These tools allow us to measure how many people who came to our website through Google Ads, took an action that would count as a Conversion. For example, how many visited the Donate page, or filled out the Contact form or clicked on the phone number to call.
Can you manage Google Ads yourself?
Technically, yes you can. And if you’re going to, make sure to read the tips below before you enroll! However, using our Ad Grant management services will ensure that your grant stays in compliance.
Ad Grant Compliance & Policies
While Google Ad grant sounds great, the reality is that Google imposes strict limitations & guidelines.
Chances are that if you’re trying to manage the Ad grant yourself, the account will be suspended several times for not meeting one of their many rules which are specifically in place for Ad Grantees, to make sure that the grant money is being spent wisely.
Here are some of these rules:
- Your Click Through Rate (CTR) must be above 5%. Campaigns that drop below this CTR could result in the grant being suspended.
- Ad Quality Scores must not drop below 3.
- Conversion tracking must be set up properly.
- Sitelinks and Ad extensions must be used.
- Several Ad groups and Ads must be set up.
- Proper keyword research needs to done to ensure that you’re targeting the right keywords. Targeting single-word keywords is almost guaranteed to result in account suspension very quickly.
Work with Certified Google Partners
At A.P. Web Solutions, we are certified Google Partners and have worked with several Australian nonprofit organisations, such as Bully Zero and Apprenticeships Matter, to manage their Ad Grants and help them increase their reach online. Contact us today to find out how we can help you do the same! Call 1300 780 112, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR fill out the form below!